Checklist: Recommendations to Boost Your Immunity
1. Number 1 priority: Get you Vitamin D levels checked.
2. Incorporate the following into your diet:
· Oily Fish – 2 -3 times per week as well as eggs to support Vitamin D levels.
· To boost Vitamin C intake opt for fruit such as Blackberries, Oranges and vegetables such as broccoli, Kale and green Leafy Vegetables.
· Incorporate some red meat (1-2 per week) or lentils or chickpeas to increase your zinc levels.
· For selenium a few portions of Brazil nuts each week. Choose for brown rice instead of white.
3. Try some of our immune boosting recipes below.
4. 70% of our immune system in our gut so replenish your microbiome with a probiotic. Keep an eye on our website for next months blog on the benefits of probiotics.